Sick of your battery running down at the wrong moment? Follow these tips to keep your smart device’s energy levels up.
WE’VE all felt the sinking feeling of watching our phone run out of battery power.
But there are a few things you can do to make sure your smartphone doesn’t sputter to a halt, reports The Sun.
Brendan Arndt, a device expert at the phone firm Three, has offered nine tips to help people save the battery on their phone.
One of the most important things you can do is avoid charging your device overnight.
This is believed to “stress” the battery and wear it down, meaning it won’t work to its full capabilities.
You’re best off charging smartphones in short bursts rather than keeping it plugged into the mains all night.
There are other less obvious tips that should have a similar effect.
Read more at:
iPhone 7 vs. Pixel real-world speed test: The showdown we’ve been waiting for
So here are nine tips to help make sure you don’t run out of battery life.
1. Some phones allow you to change your screen resolution to save power. This is available on most Samsung and Huawei phones.
2. Turning off things you don’t need like GPS and switch on battery saving mode which only uses wifi and mobile networks for location.
3. If your phone gets hot it will consume more power. This sometimes happens when you are playing games or charging the phone at the same time. Give the phone a rest and let it cool down, as this adds to battery drain.
4. Adjust your screen brightness. Most smartphone screens today have brightness set very high. Adjust the brightness to around 60-70 per cent this can have a dramatic battery saving.
5.Adjust your screen timeout. If you can, set this to 15 or 30 seconds. This saves battery as the phone screen will turn off quicker when you are not using it.
6. Notifications and vibrate also reduce battery life. If you have a notification light on your phone, try turning off vibrate or turning your ringtone volume down.
7. Some smartphones have unwanted apps installed that run in the background even if you aren’t using them or signed in. Uninstall or disable all the apps that you don’t think you will use in the future. Most of the time these can be reinstalled from the app store if you need to.
8. These can be purchased from as little as $A12.00 online. While the cases might add a little bit more bulk they will ensure you don’t need to plug in during the day.
9. Buy yourself a smartphone with a really big battery. Phones like the new Lenovo P2 offer a massive 5100mah battery which can get you up to 3 days life with normal use.